Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Slow Cooked Massaman Beef



This is one our favourite Thai dishes. It is so simple, it's not funny! You place half the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and when you get home from work you add the rest about 20mins before serving...simple!


Ingredients:
  • 1kg blade or chuck steak, trimmed and diced
  • 1 x 114g can massaman paste
  • 1 cup water
  • 350g chat potato, peeled and halved
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice or juice from one fresh lime
  • 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 3 tablespoons low fat natural Greek yoghurt (you can use 1 400g can coconut milk instead)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh coriander for garnishing
Method:
  1. Place meat into slow cooker and stir in the massaman paste. Make sure it's all well coated
  2. Add potatoes and water. Stir and leave the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
  3. After the desired time, add the lime juice, tamarind paste, brown sugar, fish sauce and yoghurt to the slow cooker and stir thoroughly
  4. Cook on low for another 20mins to warm through the yoghurt
  5. Serve on jasmine rice and garnish with chopped coriander.
D-E-L-icious  XD 

No comments:

Post a Comment