Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tofu Salad


This is a fast, healthy and simple lunch or dinner idea for vegans or vegetarians. We were having steak this particular night, so I very quickly made this for my vegetarian daughter and it was a hit.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup chopped firm tofu (I used Thai flavoured, ready to eat hot or cold)
  • 2 cups iceberg lettuce leaves
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup chopped red capsicum
  • 1/4 cup grated carrot
  • 1/4 sliced red onion
  • 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar


Method:
  1. Place the lettuce leaves on the plate
  2. Layer with the celery, red capsicum, carrot, red onion and olives
  3. Toss the tofu on top
  4. Drizzle the oil and balsamic vinegar over salad

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment