Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Seven Layer Sausage Casserole

When I found this recipe I was sceptical about how it would turn out, but I was surprised. It is easy, no fuss, a family hit and excellent for Winter. Use the slow cooker and it serves 4 generous serves.

Ingredients:
  • 8 sausages (pork or beef)
  • 1 onion, peeled and sliced
  • 1 cup uncooked white rice
  • 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 200g frozen vegetables (I used peas and corn)
  • 440g can tomato soup
  • 2 cups water
  • Salt, pepper, chilli to taste

Method:
  1. In the slow cooker, layer the potatoes, onion, carrots, uncooked rice and frozen vegetables
  2. Arrange sausages on top
  3. Combine soup, water, salt, pepper and chilli and pour over sausages
  4. Cover and cook in the slow cooker for 4-6hrs on high
  5. Alternatively this can be cooked in the over on 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15mins
  6. The casserole is cooked when the vegetables have soaked up most of the sauce and are tender and the rice is cooked.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment