Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stir Fry Vegetables


This is so quick and healthy you will be wonder why you haven't made it a hundred times.

Ingredients:
  • 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 2 large stick of celery, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
  • 1 onion (brown or red), cut Asian style
  • 1/2 broccoli cut into florets
  • 2 large spring onions sliced into thirds
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1/2 tablespoon oil (I used peanut, but olive or sesame will do)
  • 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Method:
  1. Pre-heat your wok and add oil
  2. Add onions and cook until clear
  3. Add garlic powder and Chinese 5 spice and stir for 1 minute
  4. Add carrots, stir for 1 minute
  5. Add remaining vegetables and stir for 1 minute
  6. Add chicken stock and simmer for about 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are soft enough for your liking (I like them firm)
  7. Serve with main dish, or keep warm in a casserole dish until ready to serve.

Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you like...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment