Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lean Beef Burgers


These are the yummiest and leanest beef burgers you have ever tried. A fine mist of spray oil is the only fat content. This recipe makes 6 burgers.

Ingredients:
  • 500g 'Heart Smart' extra lean beef mince
  • 6 burger buns (if you can find wholemeal or sour dough - even better)
  • 2 tomatoes, sliced
  • 6 lettuce leaves
  • Sliced beetroot
  • 2 tablespoons of mild salsa
  • 1 egg
  • 1 carrot, peeled and grated
  • 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
  • * Cheese is optional (just remember adding cheese adds fat)
Method:
  1. In a bowl, mix the egg, carrot, spring onion, salsa and mince
  2. Form the mince mixture into large but flat patties
  3. Spray a frying pan with a quick spray of spray oil
  4. Add the patties to the frypan in batches and cook both sides
  5. Prepare your hamburgers the way you like them.
This recipe is very versatile. You could also add sliced pineapple, capsicum, cucumber - any salad vegetables. I spread a very thin layer of salsa onto my buns and did NOT use tomato sauce!  Look how lean the patties are:

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment