Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Minestrone Soup


This is THE healthiest soup you will ever consume. It is packed full of vegetables, a little pasta and lots of tomatoes. There is nothing processed or man-made in this soup and no oil. It is so simple - you throw everything in a large pot, simmer for 30-45mins and enjoy.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 2 small zucchini, chopped
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 3 tins tomatoes
  • 2 handfuls of uncooked pasta
  • 3 sticks celery, chopped
  • 1 whole capsicum, chopped (I used half a green one and half a yellow one)
  • 2 tins mixed beans like kidney, 3 bean mix, etc. (I used 1 tin of red kidney beans and 1 tin of 3 bean mix)
  • 1/4tsp rosemary
  • 1/4tsp oregano
  • 1/4tsp thyme
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Throw everything in a large pot, bring to the boil, turn down to low and simmer for 30-45mins.
This soup is quite versatile. If you don't have all the vegetables, you could substitute with mixed frozen vegetables.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment