Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Red Lentil & Carrot Soup


This recipe is easy, fast, tasty and extremely healthy. It serves 4. Serve with or without the bread. If your tummy can handle dairy, a small dash of natural Greek yoghurt is nice on top.

Ingredients:
  • 4 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 cup red lentils
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 litre liquid chicken stock. Do not use chicken powder - it is NOT NATURAL!!!
  • 1 litre water
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and stir
  2. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 minutes
  3. Blend in a blender or food processor
  4. Serve with a small piece of either sour dough or gluten free bread
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment