Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Fat-free Carrot Muffins


I used 3 separate recipes to create these healthy muffins so I consider them my own invention. They are quick, very healthy, moist and tasty with NO oil or butter. This recipe makes 12 muffins in a 12 muffin silicone baking tray.

Ingredients:

  • 1 carrot, peeled and grated
  • 1 apple, peeled and grated (I used Pink Lady)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 level tablespoons natural Greek yoghurt
  • 2 cups sifted self raising flour (alternatively you could replace 1 cup with wholemeal flour if you have it)
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
  2. Using spray oil, spray your muffin tray
  3. In a large bowl, whisk the 2 eggs
  4. Add the grated carrot and apple and whisk together
  5. Add the sugar, natural Greek yoghurt and vanilla essence and whisk again
  6. Add the sifted flour and whisk all together (it looks runny, but it's OK)
  7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray
  8. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 22 minutes.
Nice served alone or sprinkled with a small amount of icing sugar.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment