Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Grilled Chicken with Mint and Tomato Salsa


This recipe is easy, relatively fast and absolutely delicious. It serves 4.

Ingredients:

  • 50 g fresh cherry tomatoes
  • 1 whole fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
  • 1/2 medium brown onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
  • 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
  • 500g lean chicken breast, sliced into 8 pieces
  • 1 cup brown rice

Method:

  1. Cook the rice as per instructions
  2. To prepare salsa: Combine the tomatoes, chilli, onion, vinegar and mint in a bowl. Toss well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
  3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or grill over high heat. Spray with oil.
  4. Cook chicken in a single layer for 3 minutes each side, or until chicken turns white around the edges. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
  5. Serve with 1/2 cup brown rice and steamed asparagus

Note: I always like to throw in a tablespoon of wild rice to my brown rice. D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment