Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tuna Pasta Bake


This recipe nearly meets the criteria: easy and tasty. It needs about 15mins preparation and 30mins in the oven. This quantity serves 5 generous serves or 6 with a side salad.

Ingredients:

  • 425g tin tuna in springwater
  • 5 cups uncooked pasta of your choice - I used penne
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
  • 1 cup frozen vegetables - I used peas, corn & carrots
  • 425g tin corn kernels
  • 425g tin cream of asparagus soup
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Method:

  1. Cook pasta as per instructions
  2. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees for about 10mins
  3. In a medium sized saucepan add a little oil and fry onions until clear
  4. Add tuna and break it up with a wooden spoon
  5. Add the vegetables, salt & pepper and stir well. Simmer for for 5mins
  6. In a large casserole dish add the cooked pasta, tuna and vegetable mix and the tin of soup and stir well
  7. Sprinkle with cheese and cook in 180 degree celsius oven for 30mins.
It's quite versatile as you could replace the soup with cream of celery or you could substitute capsicum and zucchini for the vegetables too...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment