Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Date, Sultana & Ginger Loaf


If you like ginger and/or fruit cake, this is a winner. If you use these quantities, the cake makes 8 pieces which will seem not quite enough ;) You will need to soak overnight so be prepared.

Ingredients:
  • 280g dates, chopped
  • 80g sultanas
  • 2tsp instant coffee
  • 1tbs freshly grated or minced ginger
  • 1/2 cup self-raising white flour
  • 1/2 cup self-raising wholemeal flour.
Method:
  1. Add coffee to 1 cup (250ml) of boiling water and stir until coffee dissolves
  2. Pour over dates and sultanas and soak overnight
  3. Stir in flour. If it’s a bit dry, add a teaspoon or 2 of hot water, but it is meant to be firm so only add enough to make it easier to mix
  4. Pour the whole mixture into a paper lined loaf tin
  5. Bake in a pre-heated 160 degrees celsius oven for 45 minutes.
As my Dad says, "Bloody beautiful"  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment