Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Home-made chips and sauce



When I crave hot chips I reach for the pantry, salt & pepper. Home-made chips are so easy and much healthier than fried and frozen chips. In most cases the frozen chips you buy at the supermarket have already been fried before freezing so the fat content is high. Because I can't eat any fried food - I much prefer these home-made chips made from....real potatoes.

Ingredients:
CHIPS:

  • Potatoes - as many as you want and any kind. I buy whatever is on special
  • Spray oil
  • Salt & pepper

SAUCE:

  • Either fresh tomatoes finely chopped, some tinned tomatoes or salsa
  • Garlic to taste, finely chopped
  • Chilli to taste, finely chopped
  • Basil to taste, finely chopped

Method:

  1. No need to peel the potatoes - just cut in half then slice into chips
  2. Lay on an oven tray with baking paper
  3. Spray with spray oil
  4. Sprinkle with salt & pepper
  5. Cook on 200 degrees celsius for 30-40mins turning half way
  6. For the sauce combine the tomatoes, garlic, chilli and basil
  7. Serve with sauce...D-E-L-icious  XD
Chips prior to cooking...see it's easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment