Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Coriander Pesto


I was given bunches of coriander by my very generous neighbour who knows how much I love it. I put one bunch in the fridge to use during the week, but didn’t want the rest to go to waste so she gave me the idea of making Coriander Pesto…terrific idea. So I searched for a recipe and found one using ingredients I already had. Here it is…

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups washed fresh coriander (stems included, but remove the bulbs)
  • 2 cloves fresh chopped garlic
  • 1 cup natural roasted and unsalted cashews
  • 4 tblspns grated parmesan cheese
  • 4 tblspns olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Salt & pepper to taste.

Method:
In a food processor blend all of the ingredients until a thick, but dip-like consistency. If more oil or lemon juice is needed, add more! The same with salt & pepper…simple!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment