Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Easy curried chicken with pasta and vegetables


This recipe is versatile, very tasty and easy as! Replace the two cups of frozen vegetables with any vegetables of your choice. Spice it up or tone it down - it's your choice...a great winter warmer! Serves 4 generous dinner meals or 6 people for lunch.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large cooked chicken
  • 1 x 400g tin condensed chicken soup
  • 3 or 4 tablespoons of low-fat natural Greek yoghurt
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder, more if you like it hotter
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, partially cooked
  • 2 cups penne or spiral pasta, partially cooked
  • 1 cup tasty cheese, grated (optional)
Method:
  1. To partially cook the pasta and vegetables, I bring to the boil a large saucepan of water. Once boiling, I add the pasta, bring back to the boil, simmer for 5mins. Then I add the frozen vegetables, bring back to the boil and simmer for another 2-3mins. You don't want them soft - you want them al-dente. Drain and set aside
  2. Combine the chicken, pasta and mixed vegetables in a large casserole dish
  3. In a large separate bowl, mix the yoghurt, chicken soup, curry powder, salt & pepper together really well
  4. Pour the sauce over the chicken, pasta and vegetables, mix well and sprinkle with the grated cheese if you're including it
  5. Cover and cook for one hour at 180 degrees celsius
  6. Serve in bowls with crusty bread... D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment