Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lamb Casserole with Tomato & Rosemary


I threw this together last night with 2 lamb chump chops and staples from the pantry. When you can get lamb on special - this is a very cheap, tasty and easy meal to make. It requires about an hour - two would be better so the lamb falls off the bone, but it was a definite winner with the family. It serves 4 with pasta.

Ingredients:

  • 2 lamb chump chops (the larger the better)
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
  • 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 5 sticks celery, chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 2 tins chopped tomatoes
  • 1 and half teaspoons rosemary (dried or fresh)
  • Salt & pepper
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon oil
Method:
  1. Heat a large pan with oil and brown the lamb chump chops for about 2mins each side, then remove and place on paper towel
  2. To the juices in the pan, add the onions and garlic, stir and cook for 2mins
  3. Add the celery, potato and carrot, stir and cook for 2mins
  4. Add diced tomato, salt, pepper, rosemary, water and stir well
  5. Return the lamb chops to the pan and bring to the boil
  6. Once boiling, reduce to a low heat and simmer for at least an hour
  7. Serve with pasta, rice or cous cous - there is lots of yummy gravy. D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment