Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gluten-free low-fat rissoles


These rissoles are easy to make and are very healthy. With no breadcrumbs and only fresh ingredients, you can be sure of no tummy upsets from store-bought rissoles. This serves 4 with salad on the side.

Ingredients:

  • 500g lean mince beef
  • 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
  • Spray oil
  • Salt & pepper


Method:

  1. Spray a large frying pan with spray oil
  2. In a large bowl whisk the egg, add the carrot, sauce, salt & pepper
  3. Add the mince and mix well - use your hands for best results
  4. Using a spoon and your hands, make balls with the mince mixture and place in the frying pan, slightly squashing them down
  5. Cook on a medium heat for about 5mins each side
  6. Once they are no longer pink in the centre, they are ready
  7. Serve with salad or vegetables


D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment