Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Halloumi with lentil salad


My apologies for not blogging in so long...have been busy with my business and my job. So the other day, out of the blue, hubby brings home some halloumi cheese and a recipe and hints he would like to try it...meaning he would like me to cook it :)

Anyway I looked at the recipe which was so simple and thought: why not? This is salty, sweet and tasty. It's light and healthy, simple, fast and vegetarian.

Ingredients:

  • 2 x 400g tins lentils, drained and rinsed
  • 1 small red onion, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
  • 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 cup mint leaves, shredded
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 250g halloumi cheese, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
Method:
  1. Combine lentils, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl and toss to combine
  2. In a hot non-stick frying pan (I used a griddle) cook halloumi in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 1 minute each side or until golden
  3. Drain halloumi on paper towel then place atop the salad...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment