Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fettucini Carbonara


This is the easiest fettucini carbonara EVER! It's best served immediately. This is the kind of dish that does not heat well afterwards. So make sure your family is home and ready to eat it fresh from the pan. The egg needs to be slightly runny, so leaving it for later is a no-no! This serves 4 generous serves.

Ingredients:

  • 350g fettucini, boiled as per packet instructions
  • 6-8 rashers of bacon, rind removed, chopped
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 and half cups grated parmesan cheese


Method:

  1. While the fettucini is cooking, fry the chopped bacon in a frying pan
  2. Once the fettucini is cooked, drain and return to the pan
  3. Immediately add the lightly beaten egg and stir through
  4. Add the bacon and cheese, stir through and serve immediately


Lovely served in a deep bowl sprinkled with freshly cracked pepper and topped with a bit more parmesan ... D-E-L-icious  XD

PS I don't know what on earth happened with this photo. My phone got a system update and the camera isn't as good as it once was :(


No comments:

Post a Comment