Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mince Surprise


I had mince and a bunch of veggies in the fridge which needed to be used up so I threw this together and called it Mince Surprise. We all loved it and went back for seconds. This serves 4.

Ingredients:
  • 600g lean beef mince
  • 4 shallots roughly chopped
  • 400g tin kidney beans
  • 1 eggplant, peeled and chopped into large pieces
  • 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • 1 zucchini ends removed and roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup green pitted olives
  • 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoons chopped chilli
  • Salt & pepper
  • 2 cups pasta
  • 2 cups water
  • 5 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 mushrooms, roughly chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup grated cheese

Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven for 10mins on 180 degrees celsius
  2. In a large oven-proof pot on the stovetop, add olive oil and heat on a high heat
  3. Add mince and brown while stirring
  4. Once the mince is brown add the tomatoes and tomato paste and stir through
  5. Add everything else, except the cheese, and bring to the boil
  6. Once boiling, remove from stovetop, top with grated cheese and place in the oven on 180 degrees for 40mins
  7. Garnish with torn basil leaves if you have them...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment