Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Pasta with Creamy Bacon Sauce


This pasta dish is easy, pretty quick and very tasty. Some times nothing beats a huge bowl of carbs! This serves 4 generous serves.

Ingredients:

  • 500g spiral pasta
  • 4 or 5 mushrooms, chopped
  • 200g short cut bacon, diced
  • 140g frozen peas, thawed
  • 150ml cream
  • 6 tablespoons Grana Padano cheese, grated
  • Salt and pepper to taste.


Method:

  1. Cook pasta as per packet instructions
  2. Pan fry bacon in a little oil, until lightly browned, then pour off most of the fat
  3. Add mushrooms and peas, then cook on medium heat for 2 minutes
  4. Add the cream and stir in the grated cheese
  5. Bring mixture to the boil then turn down and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often
  6. Add pasta to the pan, toss thoroughly
  7. Season with salt & pepper and sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment