Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Potato Salad with Sage and Pecan


I recently discovered the beautiful mix of sage and pecans together. I made a pasta sauce using cream, sage and pecans and it was a bit uneventful so I won't blog it. But that meant I was left with half a packet of pecans and fresh sage to use up so had a think about what to make with it.

It was NRL Grand Final day and we were expecting guests. It was hot so thought I'd throw together a potato salad using up the sage and pecans....well it was so delicious, it's now on our regular salad menu :)

I wasn't following a recipe so these quantities are only rough. You will need to adapt the quantities when you make it - depending on how many people you are catering for.

Ingredients:

  • 6-8 red pontiac potatoes, quartered and skins left on
  • 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
  • 1/2 green capsicum, finely chopped
  • 1/2 yellow capsicum, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
  • 2 tablespoons chopped pecan nuts
  • About three quarters of a cup of plain, low-fat mayonnaise
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Method:

  1. Boil the potatoes, but ensure they are not soggy. They should still be firm-ish and the skins should NOT have begun to peel
  2. Drain the potatoes and let them cool
  3. In a large bowl, place the chopped capsicums, sage, pecans, and salt & pepper
  4. Once the potatoes have cooled, throw them into the bowl with the vegetables and pecans
  5. Pour over the mayonnaise and toss gently
  6. Served as a side dish and watch your guests devour it...D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment