Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chicken and Noodles - low FODMAP and gluten free



I've been adapting my favourite recipes to accommodate the fact that I now need to follow a low FODMAP diet because of my irritable bowel and lactose intolerance.

One of my favourite meals is chicken with noodles. I've always added chilli, garlic, onion and sauces to this dish, but today I made it totally low FODMAP.

I used Tamari instead of soy sauce. You will find Tamari in the health food section of your local supermarket. The other thing I changed is the stock cubes I use. Massels 7 are suitable for IBS sufferers and are considered low FODMAP because they contain no onion and garlic. Read more about Massels 7 here. This recipe serves 2.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 packet vermicelli rice noodles
  • 200g chicken breast fillet
  • 1 shallot (spring onion) but only the green part, finely chopped
  • 1 red chilli, finely chopped
  • 1 Massels 7 chicken stock cube with water (as per instructions on packet)
  • Splash of Tamari sauce


Method:

  1. Cook the vermicelli noodles as per packet instructions. I find just placing them in a large bowl of boiling water with the stock cube cooks them without having to actually cook them on the stove
  2. Steam the chicken until cooked through, turning once. Depending on the thickness, between 5 and 10 mins should do
  3. Place the cooked noodles on a plate
  4. Slice the cooked chicken breast and place on top
  5. Garnish with the shallots and chilli and splash with Tamari... D-E-L-icious  XD




No comments:

Post a Comment