Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Balsamic Slow Cooked Beef - low FODMAP




This Balsamic Roast Beef recipe is simple and delicious. You'll definitely want left overs for the next day. This serves 6-8 and is best served with mashed potatoes (so you can smother them in gravy) and vegetables.

Ingredients:

  • 1kg boneless roast beef (I ask for chuck from the butcher)
  • 1 cup beef broth (I make up a cup of gravy with gravy mix and water)
  • ½ cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped (omit for low FODMAP recipe)


Method:

  1. Place the roast into the slow cooker
  2. In a 2 cup measuring jug - mix together all remaining ingredients
  3. Pour over the roast
  4. Cook on high for 4hrs or on low for 6-8hrs
  5. Serve on a platter and pull it apart. It is so tender it shreds.


For the gravy: Just before serving I scoop out 2 ladles of the sauce and place in a small saucepan on the stove top. I add some corn flour to thicken. You won't need any gravy mix or other flavouring as the sauce is very flavoursome.  D-E-L-icious  XD

This is the beef before cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment