Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Banana Muffins with Pecans and Dates



I love these. They are made from wholemeal flour (also known as whole wheat flour) and are packed full of goodness. This makes 10-12 muffins depending on your muffin tray.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups wholemeal flour
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup olive spread, melted
  • ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 very ripe bananas, peeled 
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • ½ cup chopped, pitted dates

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius
  2. Spray your muffin tray with spray oil
  3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and drop in the eggs, butter, and syrup. Mix with a fork until it just comes together and set aside. The mixture will look quite moist but don't panic.
  4. In a small bowl mash the banana with the back of a fork
  5. Carefully fold the banana, pecans and dates into the muffin batter and distribute evenly into a 12 cup muffin tray leaving room at the top for expansion
  6. Place leftover pecans on top of each muffin
  7. Bake until they begin to brown on top and a toothpick comes clean when inserted in the centre, about 12-15
Note: Freeze some in pres-seal bags for the week :)


D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment