Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Roasted Curry Vegetable Medley


Whilst driving home from work I developed a craving for roasted veggies. I didn't want plain roasted veggies though, so I thought I'd spice them up a bit. I was very happy with the result as it turned out lovely. This is made in a large oven tray, so has minimal washing up, serves 4, and is perfect served on a bed of mashed potato.

Ingredients:
Cut all these veggies into approximately 2cm chunks:

  • ½ large sweet potato, peeled
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 red capsicum
  • 4 stalks of celery
  • 3 carrots, peeled
  • ¼ eggplant, peeled

Plus:

  • 440g can of chic peas, rinsed and drained
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
  • ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
  • 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
  • 2 teaspoons rock or sea salt (not ground)
  • 1 teaspoon back peppercorns (not ground)
Method:
  1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
  2. Drizzle the oven tray with the olive oil and throw all veggies and chic peas into it
  3. Sprinkle the spices over the top and toss gently with two wooden spoons
  4. Cover the oven tray with foil and cook for 20mins
  5. Remove from oven, toss the veggies again and return to the oven for another 20mins or until the veggies are soft enough for your liking
  6. Serve with mashed potato...to soak up the yummy spicy juice  XD

2 comments:


  1. Your blog is very informative and gracefully
    Your guideline is very good.Thank you
    Cow Gallstones for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I am Florian from RecipesAvenue. I am the creator of https://www.recettesmania.com/, a french website listing the best recipes in a completely free directory. Today I offer this service in English with the RecipesAvenue website.
    The referencing is free and the visitors will have to pass by your blog to consult your recipes. You will thus gain visitors.

    I don't display your recipes, just a description with the photo and the title of the recipes. Interested visitors will click on your recipe and be sent directly to your blog to discover it.
    If you agree, there is no manipulation to do. I will send you an activation link with a small form to enter your name and your email address (optional) and you will automatically appear on my site. After this validation you will not have to do anything else. If you publish new recipes on your blog, they will be automatically referenced by me via your RSS feed.

    If you don't like it, you can unsubscribe from recipes-avenue on request. If you have any questions, don't hesitate, I'll be happy to answer you in English or French ;)
    Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Have a nice day,

    Florian
    https://www.recipes-avenue.com/

    ReplyDelete