Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Banana & Coconut Muffins - guilt free

Using wholemeal flour and no butter or sugar makes these muffins guilt-free. This recipe makes 12 and they go well with a morning or afternoon cuppa!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups wholemeal flour
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted slightly in the microwave if it isn't already a liquid
  • 1-2 tablespoons of honey, depending on how sweet you like them. I only used 1
  • 2 ripe bananas, peeled 
  • 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius
  2. Spray your muffin tray with coconut spray oil
  3. In a large bowl mix together with a wooden spoon the flour, baking soda, salt, desiccated coconut and baking powder. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and drop in the eggs, coconut oil, and honey. Mix with a fork until it just comes together and set aside. The mixture will look a bit dry but it's OK
  4. In a small bowl mash the banana with the back of a fork
  5. Fold the banana into the muffin batter and mix well with a wooden spoon. You'll need to distribute the clumps of banana and coconut oil around the bowl and kind of 'press it' all together with your spoon. When it stops resembling a crumbly dough - stop
  6. Spoon into a 12 cup muffin tray leaving room at the top for expansion
  7. Bake until they begin to brown on top and a toothpick comes clean when inserted in the centre, about 15-18 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment