Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Prik Khing Chicken


This is an authentic Thai stir fry and is absolutely lovely. 


Ingredients:
  • 2 tblspn olive oil
  • 1 tblspn Prik Khing curry paste
  • 300g thinly sliced chicken breast
  • 1/2 tblspn white sugar (or palm sugar if you have it)
  • 1 tspn chicken powder 
  • 1 tblspn fish sauce
  • 1 tblspn seasoning sauce
  • 1 tblspon soy sauce
  • 1/2 red capsicum
  • 1 cup green beans
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 4 Kaffir lime leaves very thinly sliced
Method:
  1. Heat oil in wok on medium heat
  2. Add curry paste, stir and cook for 2 minutes
  3. Add chicken and stir through the sauce
  4. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often
  5. Add sugar, chicken stock and the sauces and stir through
  6. Add the vegetables, cook for 5 minutes stirring often
  7. Add kaffir lime leaves, stir through just before serving
  8. Serve over a bed of jasmine rice
This dish is also lovely with lean pork. D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment