Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Nell's Crunchy Brownies


I had never made brownies before and I found a recipe but didn't have the correct ingredients. So I adapted it and it is the best chocolatey treat I've had in a long time. It's crunchy, crumbly, sweet, nutty and chocolatey all at the same time. It explodes in your mouth. Enjoy Nell's crunchy brownies.

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet milk arrowroot biscuits
  • 125g margarine
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1/2 cup chocolate melts
  • 2 tablespoons coconut
  • 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
Method:
  1. Use a food processor to crush the biscuits (or step on them in a bag)
  2. Combine all dry ingredients and stir well
  3. Melt margarine, chocolate melts and honey in the microwave for about a minute
  4. Once melted, pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly
  5. Transfer everything into a plastic container and press down evenly and firmly
  6. Refrigerate until set (it took about 2 hours)
  7. Cut into desired size and serve
Note: I used a plastic lunch box and it was very easy to remove - it didn't stick at all.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment