Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spicy Lentil Soup

This is totally vegetarian and totally delicious. I made this for the first time for my daughter a few weeks back and she loved it. It serves 4 and can be frozen for later. Nice served with a piece of crusty bread stick.

Ingredients:
  • 250g red lentils
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 3 tsp Thai red curry paste
  • 1 red capsicum, chopped
  • 3 tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 large carrots, chopped
  • 1litre vegetable stock
Method:
  1. Wash and soak lentils for at least 30 minutes
  2. In a large pan, fry garlic, onions and ginger until soft in a bit of oil
  3. Add cumin and curry paste, stir for a few minutes
  4. Add capsicum, tomatoes and carrots
  5. Add salt & pepper
  6. Add lentils
  7. Stir for 5 minutes then add stock
  8. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes
  9. Allow to cool
  10. Transfer small amounts to blender and puree
  11. Place in saucepan to reheat for a further 5 minutes
  12. Serve with crusty bread.
D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment