Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mum's special meatballs


I love this recipe...I have since I was little. My mum used to make this for me and this is the first time I've cooked it. I followed the recipe nearly exactly - I replaced the breadcrumbs with rice crumbs because breadcrumbs upset my tummy! It's beautiful, however it's not the same as mum, because it doesn't have mum's love in it. But even so, it is delicious. It serves 6 generous helping with rice.

Ingredients:
  • 1kg mince beef
  • 1 cup apple sauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (I used Organ Rice Crumbs which are gluten-free)
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrot
  • 1 green capsicum, chopped
  • 1 tin 375g tomato soup
  • 1/2 cup stock, or water - I used chicken stock.
Method
  1. Combine mince, apple sauce, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt & pepper and shape into meatballs
  2. Brown meatballs on 2 sides and transfer to a large deep casserole dish
  3. Saute vegetables in the pan drippings
  4. Combine soup and water (stock) to the vegies and stir through
  5. Pour the sauce and vegies over the meatballs in the large deep casserole dish
  6. Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 180 degrees celsius fan-forced.
  7. Serve with rice.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment