Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Roast Vegetables


This is a very filling meal, considering it's only vegetables. It serves 2 so I make this amount, eat half one day and put the other half in the fridge for tomorrow. It's quite versatile as you could replace the vegetables with others like squash, pumpkin, sweet potato, parsnip, turnip or whole beetroots.

Ingredients:

  • 6-8 small new potatoes left whole
  • 1/2 zucchini, cut into 2 pieces
  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled and ends trimmed
  • 1 onion, peeled and halved
  • 4 whole mushrooms - I used small ones, but you could substitute 2 large mushrooms
  • 4 small carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees celsius
  2. Place all vegetables on a baking try and spray with spray oil
  3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
  4. Cook for 20mins then turn, cook for a further 20-25mins
  5. Keep an eye on the mushrooms and zucchini - they may need to come out of the oven first.
  6. Serve half now and reserve half in a container in the fridge for tomorrow
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment