Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Birdseed Slice


Now this is very healthy and so easy to make. It has NO butter, oil or sugar. Don't be alarmed - it IS sweet because the dried fruit sweetens it. I can't believe how yummy and healthy this is! Check it out...

Ingredients:
  • 5 cups of dried fruit, nuts and seeds
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 2 tablespoons flour

Method:
  1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper
  2. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius for 10 minutes
  3. Mix the flour into the dried fruit, nuts and seeds really well
  4. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl
  5. Pour the whisked eggs over the fruit, nut, seed and flour mixture and stir well
  6. Pour it all into a loaf tin
  7. Place a sheet of baking paper over the top because it can burn if you don't
  8. Cook at 180 degrees celsius for 30mins
  9. Let cool before slicing
D-E-L-icious  XD
I use this packet of dried fruit & nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment