Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Steamed Chicken


This must be the most healthy way to eat chicken...no thick fatty sauces, oil or gravy. Just simple chicken breast with some herbs. Serves 4 along with a salad.

Ingredients:
  • 500g chicken breast (skin removed)
  • Salt, pepper and herbs (I used dried coriander)
Method:
  1. Place the chicken breast in the steamer (mine is bamboo) once the water is boiling
  2. Sprinkle with salt, pepper & herbs
  3. Steam with the lid on for 10mins
  4. Cut 3 slits in the chicken breast, turn over and sprinkle with herbs again
  5. Cook for a further 10mins.

Note: If the chicken is a bit dry for you, add a spoon of salsa. It's fabulous. This recipe is nice served with a crunchy green salad.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment