Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Zucchini Slice


Hubby recently went to a farmers market (I think I've already mentioned that) and bought this HUGE zucchini. So I went in search of a zucchini slice which didn't require squeezing out the liquid. Why? Because I can never get enough liquid out and the egg doesn't bind it when it's too runny I have found. Anyhooo this slice is very easy, requires no handling at all and is very tasty. I made double the amount because my zucchini was very large, but the slice below will serve 4 for lunch with salad or as a side with dinner.

Ingredients:

  • 2 zucchinis, unpeeled but grated
  • 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
  • 1/4 cup low-fat fetta cheese, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted. (I used wholemeal)
  • 1 teaspoon good quality olive oil
  • 2 eggs, whisked
  • Salt, pepper, dried coriander
Method:
  1. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
  2. Pour it into a well-greased and lined bar tin and flatten down
  3. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 20-25 mins or until browned
Note: The fetta cheese doesn't melt, so the finer you chop it - the better. This slice is great served as a side with a main meal, or with salad. Also can ben enjoyed hot or cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment