Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pumpkin Soup


Hubby brought home a 2.5kg butternut pumpkin from the Farmers Market so I decided to make pumpkin soup with it. This is the healthiest and tastiest pumpkin soup you'll find anywhere. It is easy to make and tastes wonderful.

Ingredients:
  • 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes. Ensure you measure the pumpkin already peeled with any seeds removed as this weighs quite a bit.
  • 2 medium sized onions, peeled and finely chopped
  • 4 cups chicken stock (if too strong, water down). Use Vegetable stock if vegetarian
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Natural Greek yoghurt for garnish (optional)
  • Sprig of parsley for garnish (optional)

Method:
  1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 45mins
  2. Let cool, when ready to serve, blend and serve into soup bowls
  3. Garnish with a dob of natural Greek yoghurt and sprig of parsley if you like, but it isn't necessary...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment