Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Cous Cous, bean and corn salad


This is very fast and easy...a great last minute, low-fat Vegetarian lunch idea. This serves 2 for lunch, or 4 as a side to accompany a main meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cous cous (I used cous cous in a box which you just add boiled water to and let set for 5mins)
  • 400g tin of kidney beans or chick peas
  • 400g tin corn kernels
  • 2-3 tablespoons salsa
  • 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
  • 1/4 cup black sliced pitted olives
  • 1/2 red or green capsicum
Optional:
  • 1 tsp basil, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
  • Salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste

Method:
  1. Cook the cous cous as per instructions
  2. When cous cous has cooled to your liking, to a bowl add all ingredients and stir
  3. Serve either warm or cold...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment