Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Pumpkin, Beef & Sesame Seed Salad


This salad is extremely nice, easy, relatively quick and a winner with the family. It uses left over roast beef, is low in fat and quite versatile as it can be served with or without pasta, warm or cold. This amount serves 4 as mains on a bed of mixed lettuce leaves.

Ingredients:

  • 750g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
  • 400g cooked roast beef, fat trimmed and cut into strips
  • 4 shallots, chopped
  • 2 tsp grated ginger
  • 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
  • 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup low-fat natural Greek yoghurt
  • 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
  • Salt & pepper


Method:

  1. Cook the pumpkin in boiling water until tender, but not mushy, remove and let cool by running under cold water
  2. If you're having pasta - cook the pasta as per instructions and let cool
  3. Drain the pumpkin (and pasta) then in a large bowl place the pumpkin and pasta, beef, shallots, ginger and parsley and mix
  4. Just before serving, mix the yoghurt and mayonnaise until smooth, add salt & pepper  and fold through the pumpkin and beef mixture
  5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over a bed of mixed lettuce leaves... D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment