Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chicken Teriyaki with Broccoli


I’ve made this dish many times now and we all love it - even my fussy 10 year old! It’s very quick, easy and healthy. It serves 4 and is lovely served with jasmine rice.

Ingredients:
  • Canola oil spray
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 4 small lean chicken breasts (about 500g) cut into 3cm cubes
  • 4 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 400g broccoli florets and stems cut into 2cm pieces
  • 2 cups boiled unsalted rice
Method:
  1. Cook the rice and keep it warm
  2. Heat wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat
  3. Spray with oil
  4. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute
  5. Increase heat to high and add chicken
  6. Stir fry for 4 minutes, turning chicken pieces over half way
  7. Add shallots and broccoli and cook for 1 minute
  8. Add stock and teriyaki sauce
  9. Simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through
  10. Season to taste with salt & pepper
  11. Spoon cooked rice into bowls
  12. Spoon over the chicken and broccoli and drizzle with sauce
  13. Serve immediately
Note: I like to toast some sesame seeds in the wok before the stir fry, put them aside to cool and then garnish the chicken once it’s in the bowl…D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment