Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Roast Beef with Red Wine and Mushrooms


This roast, when cooked slow and on a relatively low heat turns out moist and tasty and is a hit with the family. It serves 4.

Ingredients:
  • 1.25kg blade roast
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Rock salt & freshly ground pepper
  • 250ml dry red wine
  • 2 cups mushrooms, halved
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven at 150 degrees for 10mins
  2. Place the blade roast in a small baking dish (I used a lamington tray)
  3. Drizzle olive oil over the top
  4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
  5. Scatter the mushrooms around the outside of the beef
  6. Pour the red wine over the beef
  7. Cover with foil and cook on 150 degrees for 60mins
  8. Remove from oven, lift foil and check with meat thermometer
  9. Depending on how rare you like your beef, you can either eat it at this point, or cook for a further 30mins
  10. Serve with the mushrooms scooped over the top.
Once cooked and using some of the juices from the baking tray which contains the red wine and mushrooms - make a gravy by warming it on the stove with either flour or gravox. Yummy! Very nice served with cous cous and steamed greens. D-E-L-icious.  XD

Here is the roast prior to cooking with the mushrooms in red wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment