Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sweet Potato and Vegetable Frittata



I found a similar recipe to this one in a Weight Watchers book, but it included bacon. As I have a vegetarian in my family, I omitted the bacon and replaced it with vegetables. It serves 4 generous pieces  and is great served with a salad.

Ingredients:

  • 10 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 medium sized sweet potato (kumara) peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
  • 1/2 fresh red capsicum, diced
  • 1 cup of zero point vegetables. I used steamed carrot and green beans
  • Italian herbs, salt & pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese (I used the dried long-life stuff in the packet which is already grated as the amount required is worth zero points)

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius or 160 fan-forced
  2. Lightly spray a 5cm deep square cake tin with spray oil and line with baking paper to prevent frittata from sticking
  3. Steam the sweet potato, carrot and green beans on the stove-top for 12 minutes or until tender
  4. Place the diced capsicum in the bottom of the lined tray and spread it out
  5. Place the sweet potato, carrot and green beans in the pan over the capsicum. Spread out and flatten if possible
  6. In a large bowl beat the eggs lightly, add salt, pepper, cheese and Italian herbs
  7. Pour the mixture into the tin and flatten down any protruding parts as best you can
  8. Bake for 30-35 minutes until set
  9. Cut frittata into 4 squares and serve with salad or steamed vegetables…D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment