Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Thai Red Chicken Curry



This is one of my favourite Thai dishes. This recipe serves 4 with steamed rice.

Ingredients

  • 2 tblspn olive oil
  • 1 tblspn Red Curry Paste
  • 3 cups coconut cream (I use light coconut cream)
  • 500g thinly sliced chicken breast
  • 1/2 tspn salt
  • 1 tblspn white sugar (palm if you have it)
  • 1/2 tspn chicken powder
  • 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup green beans, halved
  • 8-10 corn spears (tinned is moister than dried)
  • 200ml water
  • Fresh coriander leaves

Directions:

  1. Heat the oil in the wok
  2. Add the curry paste and stir for 1-2 minutes
  3. Add the coconut cream and stir until hot
  4. Add the sugar, salt, and chicken powder and stir
  5. Add the chicken and cook on high until tender
  6. Add the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes
  7. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.

*Warning* This is a very hot dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment