Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Double Choc-Chip Cookies



This recipe is from the $120 Food Challenge cook book. It is very affordable, especially if you already have staples like flour, eggs, vanilla, sugar, choc-chips at home. It is NOT healthy, but is OK as a 'sometimes' treat. Be warned - they spread out on the baking tray, so make sure you leave about 5cm between each cookie before cooking.

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup plain flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup caster sugar
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 125g white chocolate chips
  • 125g dark chocolate chips
  • 125g butter, melted
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius and line two baking trays with baking paper
  2. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl
  3. Stir in the sugars, oats and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon until well combined
  4. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add the melted butter, egg and vanilla and mix well
  5. Using clean, slightly damp hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking tray...I found this impossible, so simple spooned the amount onto the baking paper
  6. Ensure you leave 5cm space between each cookie
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, turning the trays halfway through the cooking time
  8. Remove and cool on a wire rack - they will harden as they cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days...D-E-L-icious  XD
Note: These cookies are very sweet. Next time I make them I will increase the flour to one cup and reduce the sugars to 1/4 cup each.

No comments:

Post a Comment