Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fast & Easy Eggs Benedict...the healthy version


I love Eggs Benedict. Who doesn't? But the cheesy sauce is not good for me so I make my own version of Eggs Benedict without the sauce. What? I hear you say...No sauce? That's right! However is is lean, full of protein and gives sustainable energy for hours without the heavy feeling of sauce sitting in your stomach. It's easy, fast and very tasty. This serves 1.

Ingredients:

  • 1 egg
  • 1 piece of grainy or wholemeal bread
  • Spray of olive oil
  • Small handful of shaved ham (I used triple smoked low-fat ham)
  • 1/4 cup grated low fat tasty cheese
Method:
  1. Lightly toast your piece of bread under the grill (one side only)
  2. While the bread is toasting, fry your egg in spray olive oil
  3. Remove the toast from the grill, turn over and place on a plate
  4. Once the egg is nearly cooked (don't over cook it as it needs to go under the grill) place the egg sunny side up on your piece of toast
  5. Lay the shaved ham over the egg
  6. Place the grated cheese over the ham
  7. Grill for a few minutes until the cheese has melted. Watch carefully or the toast will burn.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment