Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Skinny Fruit & Nut Slice



I was feeling a tad hungry and wanted something sweet but healthy to go with my morning coffee. I rummaged through the pantry and my recipe books to see what took my fancy and couldn't find a recipe which consisted of my pantry contents. So I ended up inventing this healthy nut and fruit slice. It is low-fat with no sugar, butter, eggs or salt added and is quite versatile because you could use Cornflakes or All Bran instead of Just Right. It requires soaking for 15mins then cooking for 40mins. It results in a soft texture similar to a chewy muesli bar.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Just Right cereal
  • 1 and a half Weetbix
  • 1 cup dried mixed fruit (I used Tropical Mix which comes in a pack from the supermarket)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 cups light milk
  • 1 cup self raising flour
Method:
  1. Place the first five ingredients in a bowl and soak for 15mins
  2. Add the flour, mix well and spoon into a lined square cake pan (lamington tray). It's a little messy so use a wet wooden spoon or spatula to flatten it down and into the corners
  3. Bake for 40mins in a 180 degree celsius oven
  4. Nice served drizzled with honey or golden syrup - or just by themselves.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment