Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

BBQ Steak With Buttery Corn and Christmas Salad


The fastest way to get some iron into you is to BBQ a steak. There is nothing like the flavour of BBQ'd steak - no marinade - just plain BBQ flavour. I love T-Bones but this week my second favourite meat, Rump Steak, was on special so I bought a kilo. Rump is so versatile - I use it for BBQing and for stir-frys - both of which we eat a lot of. This serves 4 with salad and corn cob.

Ingredients:

  • 500g rump steak with fat removed
  • Spray oil
  • Salt & pepper
  • 4 small corn cobs or 2 large halved
  • The Christmas Salad is comprised of greens, red and yellow capsicum, carrots and tomatoes


Method:

  1. BBQ the rump steak as well done or as rare as you like
  2. Wrap the corn cobs in glad wrap and cook in the microwave for about 5 mins
  3. Make your Christmas Salad using all salad ingredients and drizzle with a dressing of your choice. I love salad simply with salt & pepper so I don't use dressing
  4. Once the steaks are cooked, let them rest for about 5mins under some foil. I never understood the importance of this until I tried it...so do it!
  5. Serve the corn with a dob of butter. D-E-L-icious  XD



No comments:

Post a Comment