Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Slow Cooked Chicken Korma Curry


I found this recipe online and adapted it for my slow cooker. The fragrance upon entering the house at the end of the day is amazing. And of course I didn't cook enough cos we ALL wanted to go back for seconds. This serves 5 with rice and veg on the side.

Ingredients

  • 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and quartered
  • 3 tablespoons korma curry paste
  • 1 x 400g tin chick peas
  • 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2cm piece ginger, grated
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
  • 1/3 cup cashews (I used raw)


Method:

  1. In the slow cooker place the tinned tomatoes, korma curry paste, chicken stock, garlic, ginger and chick peas and mix well
  2. Place the chicken in the slow cooker (no need to brown first) and mix well
  3. Cook on low for about 8hrs
  4. Half an hour before serving, add the cashews and yoghurt and mix well, turn on high to warm through
  5. Serve on a bed of rice with veg on the side.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment