Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Baked Chicken with Lemon, Rosemary and Garlic - lowFODMAP


Now I'm following a low FODMAP diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome - I will blog some meals which are suitable for IBS sufferers. The low FODMAP diet is not a cure for IBS, but if followed - can alleviate the pain associated with an inflamed and irritated bowel. See my blog post about IBS and the low FODMAP diet.

I came up with this meal idea myself, so I wasn't sure about cooking times, temps or how it would actually turn out in the end, but it turned out beautifully so I was super excited. This serves 4 and is lovely served with steamed vegetables and brown rice.

Ingredients:
  • 500g chicken breast (bone-in pieces will require less cooking time)
  • 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
  • 1 and 1/2 lemons - juice half of one and slice the other one
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil

Method:
  1. Pre-heat the oven at 190 degrees celsius
  2. Cut your chicken breast into largish pieces - about 2cm x 6cm and place into a casserole dish
  3. Place peeled, whole garlic cloves into the casserole dish and sprinkle the rosemary over the top
  4. Pour over the juice of half a lemon and place the sliced lemon pieces from the other lemon over the top of the chicken
  5. Drizzle the olive oil over the top
  6. Bake at 190 degrees celsius for about 25 mins, check to see if chicken is cooked though as some pieces may be thicker than others and bone-in pieces may already be done
  7. If a little longer is required, cook for a further 10mins and check again
  8. Serve with rice or couscous as there will be quite a bit of lemon juice which is flavoured with garlic and rosemary to pour over it...D-E-L-icious  XD

*Note: Even though garlic is not a low FODMAP food, you can cook with garlic as long as you remove it and not eat it. Read more about this here.


No comments:

Post a Comment