Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Low FODMAP Fast Noodles with Vegetables


Today I was craving noodles for lunch so whipped up this low FODMAP soupy noodly dish which was amazingly yummy. No garlic or onion makes this a healthy meal suitable for IBS sufferers like me. The stock cube I used is Massel's 7 as I recently discovered is a low FODMAP stock. And I replaced my usual sauce of choice - soy - with gluten free Tamari. This serves 1 and takes a total of 15mins from preparation to the table.

Ingredients:

  • ½ carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 6 green beans, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced red capsicum
  • 2 shallots (spring onions) only the green part - chopped
  • ½ red chilli, seeds kept in, finely chopped
  • 1cm square fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
  • ½ tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 Massel's 7 chicken stock cube
  • 1 and ½ cups hot water (more if you want extra juice)
  • Handful of noodles of your choice. I used flat rice noodles


Method:

  1. In a medium sized pan, heat the oil and add the chilli & ginger. Stir fry for about 1min to release the flavours
  2. Add the carrot and beans, stir fry for 2mins
  3. Add the stock cube mixed with water and bring to the boil
  4. Once boiling, add the noodles and reduce to simmer for about 5mins
  5. Add the capsicum and simmer for a further 2mins
  6. Just before serving, add the chopped shallots and Tamari sauce
  7. At this step, you could add some cooked chicken or leftover beef if you're craving some meat
  8. Serve in a deep soup bowl
  9. The noodles will continue to soften and soak up the liquid, so if you want more liquid (as in a soup) add more as required…D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment