Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Potato, Spinach & Tomato Salad - low FODMAP


Here's another low FODMAP recipe for those who suffer from IBS like myself. This was absolutely beautiful. I served it at a party on the weekend, then finished it off the next day. I must admit - I'm not a huge spinach fan (or Silverbeet as some people call it) but this will now be a regular salad for us - as will buying spinach!

Ingredients:

  • 1kg new chat potatoes, halved and unpeeled
  • 250g tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • 15 black olives, pitted, halved lengthways 
  • 100g spinach, washed and stalks removed, torn into large pieces
  • 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Freshly ground pepper
Method:
  1. Boil the chat potatoes until you can stick a knife in them and they are just soft
  2. Place the spinach ontop of the potatoes for only one minute just to wilt
  3. Remove potatoes and spinach from the stove, drain the water, and let cool
  4. While the potatoes and spinach are cooling, add the lemon juice, olive oil and pepper to a large serving bowl and whisk
  5. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers to the serving bowl
  6. Once the potatoes and spinach have cooled, gently add them to the serving bowl, being careful not the break the potatoes
  7. Stir gently so the dressing coats the potatoes
  8. Serve warm or cool...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment