Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sweet Vegetable Curry - Slow Cooked


This curry is hot hot hot, but also sweet so you may want to adjust the amount of cayenne pepper and curry to your liking. This serves 4 generous serves with rice.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
  • 4 stalks celery, sliced
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
  • ½ green capsicum, chopped
  • ½ zucchini, chopped
  • ½ sweet potato, peeled and chopped
  • 1 large red apple, peeled and chopped
  • ½ can chick peas, rinsed and drained
  • 2 - 2 ½ cup vegetable stock
To add later:
  • ½ can light coconut milk
  • Salt & pepper


Method:

  1. Coat the slow cooker with olive oil
  2. Place the onion in the slow cooker along with the spices and mix well so the onion is coated
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except those marked 'to add later') and stir well
  4. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low
  5. While it is still hot, stir through the coconut milk, add salt & pepper and mix well to warm through
  6. Serve on a bed of rice.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment